The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

A Montana nursing home resident died last week after being burned in a fire at the nursing home. The fire was apparently caused by the use of cigarettes near oxygen equipment.

The woman suffered second and third degree burns and died the following day.

Oxygen equipment creates a special risk of fires when cigarettes or other open flames are nearby. The oxygen from the equipment can create a flash fire which will burn strongly after bieng started. Nursing homes must have in place and enforce policies which prohbit the use of smoking mnaterials near oxygen tanks. This is for the safety of the smoker, the equipment user, and all of the other residents of the facility.

Comments are closed.

Of Interest